News & Announcements
Call for Abstracts: Lessons from Continuity and Change in the 4th IPY; March 4-7, 2009
Meeting Announcement and Call for Abstracts: Lessons from Continuity and Change in the Fourth International Polar Year
Date: 4-7 March 2009
Location: University of Alaska Fairbanks
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 November 2008
Deadline for early registration: 31 December 2008
The University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) and the Inland Northwest Research Alliance (INRA) are now accepting abstracts and registration for their co-hosted symposium, Lessons from Continuity and Change in the Fourth International Polar Year, to be held 4-7 March 2009 at UAF.
Oral and poster presentation abstracts should be submitted via the symposium website by 15 November 2008.
Accepted presentations will be programmed into thematic sessions focused on pressing aspects of rapid change. Natural, social and geophysical sciences are all encouraged to submit proposals, and presentations may be of disciplinary or interdisciplinary nature. Abstract submissions are encouraged to note their topical interests. Chosen presenters of oral and poster abstracts will be eligible to apply for travel awards to this symposium.
Questions may be addressed to the Science Committee Chair, Amy Lovecraft, at: email@example.com.
Planned Thematic Sessions:
- Coastal and Rural Communities: Vulnerabilities and Adaptations,
- Oil and Gas Development: Balancing Interests with Sustainability,
- The Futures of Marine Ecosystems,
- Freshwater Systems: Hydrological Security in the Face of Rapid Change,
- Local, Traditional and Indigenous Knowledges.
Planned Cross-Cutting Sessions:
- Stakeholder Participation in Complex Multi-User Systems,
- Questions of Scale and Knowledge in Observation from Local to Remote Sensing,
- University-Community-Industry: Partnerships to Inform Policy Development.
Authors will be notified by 15 December 2008 if the paper is accepted, and will be requested to prepare a short synopsis (~ 5 pages) that will be peer-reviewed by the session chair and review panel and considered for publication in the symposium proceedings. The deadline for the synopsis papers will be 1 February 2009. Late papers may not be published.
For further information, please go here or contact: