The principal aims of the project are to:
- exhibit polar marine organisms at the SFI Gdynia Aquarium;
- determine border and optimal breeding conditions for polar marine organisms;
- attempt to breed psychrophilic organisms;
- exchange knowledge on breeding and exhibiting with other institutions of a similar profile;
- improve the existing educational exhibits at the SFI Gdynia Aquarium;
- attempt to create an aquarium ecosystem of small invertebrates with a closed food chain;
- identify the breeding cycle of selected species of marine invertebrates;
- prepare multimedia presentations and conduct educational programs for youngsters at all school levels;
- prepare polar region presentations on the Sea Fisheries Institute Internet site;
- organize a series of lectures with polar scientists and explorers;
- create an educational program with the following goals:
a) to popularize the polar regions;
b) to demonstrate the necessity of their conservation;
- to popularize the International Polar Year 2007-2008.
What is IPY
Monday, 01 January 2007 23:21
Polar Marine Organisms: Breeding and ExhibitingWritten by Administrator
- Add to Delicious
- Digg this
- Add to Reddit
- Add to StumbleUpon
- Add to Facebook
- Add to MySpace
- Add to Technorati
Login to post comments
Calendar of Events
Friends of IPY
Fri, 09 Dec 2011Antarctica on Google
Wed, 07 Dec 2011Toquem fusta, venen els tèrmits
Wed, 07 Dec 2011Missatge 14: Caminant amb pastors...
Mon, 05 Dec 2011Un Nadal ple d'activitats a...
Mon, 05 Dec 2011Missatge 13: El Gujarat des...